Oh wow, seriously procrastinating right now. I need library school miracle to help me.
Wednesday (20 March) is the first-ever International Day of Happiness.
We all have different ways of working. Some make lists of their day ahead, others charge right in and see where that takes them. Benjamin Franklin, inventor of the lighting rod and the odometer to name a couple, not to mention his work as a author, printer, political theorist, politician, postmaster, scientist, musician, inventor, satirist, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat, was a list man. How he managed to get everything done in 24 hours still seems like a miracle, but clues to his productivity lie in looking at his daily schedule.
Just discovered Jenn Witte’s drawings for Skylight Books and we’re so totally giving her the prize for coolest thing we saw on the Internet today. Here’s her Tumblr with her collection of book cover drawings. How did we not know about this?
7 Great quotes about libraries on photos of beautiful libraries
With libraries around the world in danger of extinction, Flavorwire posted a series of great quotes about libraries from famous writers. I decided to pair them with some of the world’s most beautiful libraries. You’re welcome;
- Trinity College Library - University of Dublin
- University Club Library – New York City
- Admont Abbey Library – Austria
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura – Rio de Janeiro
- Suzzalo Library at the University of Washington – Seattle
- Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Canadian Library of Parliament – Ottawa
Click on the photo to see it full size. Support your local library, kids.